Thursday, January 27, 2011

The fun stuff!

I don't know how it is at other elementary schools, but our counselor has ample opportunity to be part of the fun during the school day.  She is the lead person in organizing field trips, UIL, and the knighting ceremonies.  She also puts on the "Cool Cranes" party at the end of each six weeks to reward those with good behavior.  I've had a really good time doing my small part in helping her and attending more events than I normally would.  I can thank this practicum for that!  I enjoy this particular role in the counselor job.  She gets to be huge part of recognizing these kiddos for a job well done.  It's really a breath of fresh air.  I pray that wherever I end up in a counseling job that I too will get to positively reinforce the kids as much as she does.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Elementary is sooo foreign to me as my whole teaching career has been secondary. I've always thought that being a counselor at the elem. level would be so fun. Keep up the great work and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a neat place to work and learn-I am glad you are able to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete